Welcome to Parsons Ministries. This is a website designed to tell you about several missionary opportunities, and to encourage you to be involved with us either by prayer or participation. We are also on Facebook as Parsons Ministries. (Daily Journaling is non-functional since 2011)
ParsonsMinistries is now approved as a 501(c)3 under the name ParsonsMinistries in partnership with TIME for Christ, Inc. Our only need for funding is to support medical personnel without the means to come to the Third World. These are people we cannot get along without, including surgical technicians, nurses, audiologists, translators and pastors. 100% of all donations are used for their stated purposes and my wife and I personally cover all administrative costs. Donations can be sent to:
3027 Split Rock Circle
Bulverde TX 78163
United States The Tax ID # is available upon request.
This is our medical mission plans for the next 18 months.
If you even think you might be interested, let me know which of the below options you might be interested in.
1) Honduras. July 20-27, 2013. Good Shepherd Children's Home to clean-up, paint-up, fix-up and play with the 120 kids.
2) Honduras. August 31 - Sep 7, 2013. Honduras mission hospital (lots of surgery) and/or teaching at the Medical School in Tegucigalpa.
3) Vietnam. November 1-16, 2013. Multi-specialty medical teaching in Hanoi and HoChiMinh City with a fun weekend in between.
4) Cuba. Undetermined but January, 2014, is a hopeful date, if we can get visas.
5) Nepal. This will be a trip like Vietnam and Cuba, where we go to the medical school, offer lectures, bedside and in the operating room teaching in our particular specialty. This will be a multi-specialty trip and spouses are invited. We plan to tour while we are there.
6) Honduras. This will be a two part experience similar to the old TIME for Christ Mexico trips where we will take part of the team to rural villages to offer medical screening, food ministry, clothing ministry, shoe ministry, dental and eye glass ministry, etc. The other part of the team will work at Guiamaca, Honduras mission hospital (lots of surgery) and/or do teaching at the Medical School in Tegucigalpa. Date undetermined by summer, 2014.
7) Jordan. This will occur only if I hear from you about your interest. I've made 2 recent trips there working in the major teaching hospitals and the door is open for all specialties to spend a week there helping. Touring is a definite and is most exciting.
8) Repeat of #1 above each year.
9) Repeat of #2 above each year.
10) Repeat of #3 above each year.
Here is a closer look at each of these:
1) This trip is being initiated from our church in Lake Wylie, SC, and will focus on getting youth to participate. We are most interested in high school and college age youth. Obviously, we need adult leadership. The team is limited to 31. We have great need for bi-lingual workers. The Children's Home (go to www.bmdmi.org to learn more about it) has a facility that always has upkeep issues for the 120 children. Adults with construction, electrical, plumbing, etc., skills are especially needed. This trip will be repeated annually.
2) This is a surgical trip to Honduras. We operate at the BMDMI Mission Hospital in Guaimaca, about 2 1/2 hours north of the capital, Tegucigalpa. It is multi-specialty. We have good and separate facilities for dentists and oral surgeons. Our audiologists have given solar rechargeable hearing aids to 35-45 patients each trip. We have a huge need for nurses, techs of all kinds and just helpful people that want to get a flavor of medical support. The cost is about $1800-1900, depending on cost of airline tickets.
Special request regarding Honduras. Many of you want to go but can’t at this time. From you, we have two other extremely important needs. First, we need to take a large number of surgical techs, nurses of all types, audiologists, translators and people to run the autoclaves, scrub and wrap instruments, etc. Most all of these people cannot afford the $1800-1900 for a trip to Honduras. Please consider a donation to help us have the necessary support personnel. See the address below.
Send 100% tax deductible contributions to:
TIME, c/o Mrs. Scotta Williams
3027 Split Rock Circle
Bulverde, TX 78163
210 317 9998
3) The Vietnam trips are multi-specialty teams with the availability of having all types of surgeons and medical doctors, audiologists, nurses, oral surgeons, dentists, etc., etc. We will spend the first week in Hanoi and the second week in HoChiMinh City (the old Saigon). The weekend between will be spent at a fun tourist location somewhere in Vietnam. Yes, you can do just one week, if you can't get both weeks off. This is a great trip for families/spouses. My wife is non-medical and goes most years. There’s plenty of time for sightseeing and shopping! Cost is around $4750 for the doctor and $3800-4000 for other family members. This fluctuates with the cost of airplane fuel.
4) Cuba has been a questionable trip for the past 4 years. After going annually for almost a decade, we are no longer able to get visas to work in the hospitals. The block is from our government. This is like the Vietnam trips in that we invite all medical or para-medical specialties (doctors, nurses, dentists, audiologists, etc). We do all of our work in Havana at the major teaching hospitals. The cost for one week in Cuba is about the same as two weeks in Vietnam ($4750). We canNOT get visas for non-medical spouses or children. The team is limited to 25.
5) Nepal. This trip is still be arranged and the projected date is April, 2014. This trip will be similar to Vietnam with teaching at the medical school hospital. We will arrange touring in the Himalaya's and the organizing team is planning on taking spouses. The cost is unknown at this time.
I went to Jordan in 2012 & 2013 and the invitation to return is open. We will do this in a manner similar to Vietnam and Nepal and, with touring the Holy Land as a major part of the experience. This is a wonderful family trip and I took my wife and a daughter on each trip. The hotels are first class, safe and comfortable.
These trips take a lot of planning, so even learning of your possible interest as soon as possible is helpful. I hope to hear from you soon.
In His Service, David
Other teams going to Vietnam:
Brent Senior leads an ENT team each Spring. While it is predominantly an ENT team, they would be thrilled to have other specialties. Contact Dr. Senior at email@example.com.
The OB-Gyn team typically goes in January, every year. This is a good group of people from all over. They welcome you to join. The team leader is Dr. Mickey Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pediatric team, with several Peds Surgeons and Peds Medical Specialists, go at various times of the year. The team leader is Dr. Austin Raunikar, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Family Practice team also goes in the fall. Dr. Dan Mitchell is the team leader, email@example.com.
The Nursing team is filled with clinical nurses, educators and operating room nurses. Goehner Elaine is the team leader, DMGOEHNER@aol.com.
The Dental team is lead by Dr. Jim Sandlin, firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Jim for more information.
There are other teams (Hematology, small business, agriculture, vet med., etc.). Learn more at www.reivn.org. These trips are repeated every year. Israel - Unknown date but it will not be until 2014 or beyond. If you are interested let us know. We couldn’t get ANYONE to go since 2006 because of feelings of unsafety (I promise you the trip is VERY safe and we go to secure places!). Those of you potentially interested should contact me, and we can get together and work out a good date. This will be a multi-specialty medical and tourist team! This trip will focus on working with our specialty specific colleagues at the medical school in Beer Sheva for 4-5 days then 6-7 days of touring the Holy Lands with unbelievable guides!
The photo above is my wife and me in the Garden of Gethsemane in Jerusalem on one of our unique mission trips! What a memory!
Many of you are not able to join us on one of our trips, but your participation with us through prayer is greatly appreciated. The power of such support is awesome. Several of you have requested information how you could support someone who couldn't go without financial support. Let me know, and I can get your support to them, anonymously, if desired.
Others of you would like to join us, so look on the left screen, "Mission Opportunities," to read more about our various experiences in Vietnam, Honduras, Cuba, and Israel.
Feel free to recruit! Our door is open!
In His Grace, David
This is a letter I just sent out to medical friends:
Before I tell you about the upcoming schedule of mission trips for 2013-14, I would like to inform you that ParsonsMinistries is now a 501(c)3 organization with a Tax ID #. Many of you have wanted to contribute to our international mission work where our greatest need continues to be funding for those important staff who can’t afford to go, such as surgical techs, single parent nurses, translators and pastors. 100% of donations will go to the mission work as Begee and I will personally cover all administrative expenses.
Our official name is ParsonsMinistries in Partnership with TIME for Christ, Inc. Checks can be written to ParsonsMinistries and sent to:
Mrs. Scotta Williams
3027 Split Rock Circle
Bulverde, TX USA 78163 The tax ID number is available if you need it.
Our mission plans for 2013-14:
Honduras continues to have multiple opportunities each year. Our next trip is to the Good Shepherd Children’s Home July 21-28 and this trip will be repeated annually. This is not a medical trip but is designed for youth and adult sponsors. We will paint up and fix up the facility for the 120 children and do a lot of playing, etc. This year we are taking 14 high schoolers and 8 adults.
On Aug 31-Sep 7, we will return with a surgical team to the new, expanded mission hospital at Guaimaca, Honduras. As always our needs are for surgeons of any specialty, nurses of any background, surgical techs, CRNA's or Anesthesiologists, etc., but we are also taking a large construction team with us who will work on the hospital grounds. This trip is an annual trip and will happen over Labor Day week each year (so you only miss 4 work days at home). If anyone has an interest in teaching in their specialty at the university medical school, we can get you to Tegucigalpa for 1 or 2 days as you desire. I’ve done this split schedule for 3 years and it has been extremely successful. It is not too late to recruit surg techs and CRNA's/Anesthesiology, our 2 critical needs. If they need funding support, this can be donated directly to ParsonsMinistries with 100% tax write-off. The cost is about $1900/person and this includes airfare.
TIME for Christ Medical Missions will be taking a med/surg team to Guatemala Dec 24 for one week. The trip costs $500 plus your airfare. The need for nurses, techs, translators, pastors, etc., is, as always, enormous, but surgeons of any specialty and medical primary care are needed as well.
Our annual Vietnam trip is Nov 1-16, and yes, you can go for one week! As always, we will spend the first week in Hanoi, the second in HoChiMinh City and the middle weekend at some fun resort that is always a blast. I've played a couple rounds of golf each of the last several years. Brent Senior will be leading a similar team in early Spring, 2014.
Cuba remains unknown and I will try to learn what I can and let you know. If this interests you in the Winter or Spring, 2014, let me know.
We are strongly considering an initial trip to Nepal, teaching at the medical school in April, 2014. I don’t have any details but let me know if this interests you.
The 1st Honduras trip in 2014 will possibly be changed from April to the summer months and will be expanded to include both a village medical trip for part of the team as well as the surgical trip. Everyone will stay together at Guaimaca. This will be the more classic TIME trip so our needs include any helpful person with a heart for service as well as medical and surgical doctors, dentists, audiologists, nurses, techs, translators, pastors, etc., etc. We will return to Honduras Labor Day week 2014, with a surgical team and quite possibly another construction arm as well.
Jordan is now an opportunity for those who would like to get to the Holy Land. This will be a teaching trip like Vietnam and Cuba and is open to any specialty. If this interests you, let me know and we’ll start considering dates for either 2014 or 2015.
Vietnam will happen again but the date is not known at this time.
I retired from my stateside practice two months ago. But as you can see, we are now busier than ever in the Third World. We would love to have you join us, but if you can’t please consider supporting someone with a real interest in joining the team but inadequae funds to be part of our group. Remember, ParsonsMinistries now has it's own Tax ID # and is part of a 501(c)3.
Thank you and please continue to pray for us.
In His Service, David & Begee
David S Parsons, MD ><>
Clinical Professor, Universities of North & South Carolina
Pediatric Otolaryngology & Rhinology
We've joined forces with the Baptist Medical and Dental Mission International (BMDMI). Their website is www.bmdmi.org. TIME's is www.timeforchristministries.org